FAQ – Questions regarding Photographysessions
1. Why should you hire a Photographer when almost anyone today has a camera and can take lots of pictures?
A Photographer usually has the knowledge of how to create pictures that are beautiful and well-composed. She or he knows how important light is to the image and moreover it might be easier for her to have the technical knowledge about what you need to create to be able to print high quality pictures.
2. If you want to book a wedding session, here is a checklist:
- Do I like the Photographers style? Check different sites and compare you choose the one you like.
- How much of my portrait, wedding, trip or company do I want to be captured – before the cermony, during, after, the dinner…..Whatever you choose I am happy to help out and please contact me and I’ll get back to you with an estimated price.
- What do I want after the wedding when it comes to pictures for relatives, facebook, friends, thank you cards, coffetable books etc? Please e-mail me or call me and I’ll send you the suggestions.
3. Why do you only work at the customer’s place or suggested places?
At weddings I want to capture you in the beautiful environment you have chosen for your special day! I am also convinced that it is always easier to create more relaxed, personal, intimate pictures at the place where babies, kids and adults feel most at home. I believe this is one of the keyfactors for being able to make beautiful pictures. Moreover we aim to work only with natural light. When it comes to your Garden and Home pictures we need of course to visit the place which is to be captured. If you want a Photographer working in a studio I am sure you’ll find someone suitable for you. If it’s a corporate assignment of course I will come and see you.
4. How long is a session?
Every session is unique so it’s hard to say. We always try to work hard to get the best pictures. For weddings you can either do weddingportraits for 1-1,5 hours and if you are thinking about capturing more of the day you will of course need more time. For a portraitssession -(for instance babies, kids, adults or families) I would probably need at least 1-2 hours depending on how small or big your child is. For a gardensession we would most likely need 1-2 hours. Please contact me and I’ll give you a quote. Time for corporate assignment can be very varies, plaes give me a call and I will get back with a quote.
5. What is important to think about before a session?
In order to take the best possible photographs you need to make sure you are in good shape – you have slept, eaten and that you feel relaxed and focused. For parents it is important that you prepare your kids the same way and tell them what is going to happen and to make this a fun thing to do. My advice would be to dress in a way you feel comfortable. Most of the time the pictures will be better if everyone in the picture stay with similar colours like jeans and white t-shirts/top/shirt. When you feel relaxed it is easier to create those lifestyle portraits you want.
6. Will Ada Elmgart Photography publish any of my pictures on the website?
We always ask for permission if we want to use any of your pictures on this site or in any other marketing material and we do not publish anything without your consent. It is very important to us to keep the integrity of your family, kids and home. At the same time, it is important for me as a Photographer to show examples of beautiful pictures.